Crazy Good Movie

What’s better than a little crazy and a whole lot of rich people put together? I honestly do not know! But that is exactly what happens in the new released movie, Crazy Rich Asians.
Based on a bestselling novel by Kevin Kwan, “Crazy Rich Asians” is a romantic comedy that embodies the rich Asian culture that so few people know about. In the movie, an economics professor at New York University, Rachel Chu, falls in love with a seemingly normal man, Nick Young. However, when Nick Young invites Rachel Chu to his best friend’s wedding in Singapore, Rachel finds out the gilded truth about who Nick Young’s family is. In short, he is EXTREMELY rich!! Though the Young family seem to have it all put together, Rachel notices that there is more turmoil than meets the eye.
There are parties, drama, and legacy all wrapped into a comedy that will make your stomach hurt. In this feel good movie, family and love are tested, creating an enjoyable, yet memorable movie that has been at the top of the box office for three weeks straight. Through each dramatic twist and turn, you will fall deeper and deeper in love with Crazy Rich Asians. Though the romantic comedy seems to have an age old story line, what makes it special, is the representation that this movie has brought to the Asian culture. In fact, this is one of the first very successful movies that incorporates a solely Asian cast.
To put in into perspective, there have only been three Asian actors who have ever won an Oscar, and it is not due to poor acting skills. Through the years, a few people have been craving to bring Asian actors to Hollywood, and Crazy Rich Asians is the breakthrough that will change that. With the sequel of Crazy Rich Asians already in the making, the recruitment of more and more Asian actors will be introduced to the big screen. But more importantly, America will begin to understand Asian history more. Ultimately, Crazy Rich Asians is a classic film that has been rated as one of the top movies made this year. I truly recommend watching it.