Cardi B Album Shows Impressive Range

Industrialized albums dominate the music industry, and it seems that popular artists crank out practically the same material each year. Former stripper and now prominent rapper, Cardi B, aids in breaking this mold with her newest album, “Invasion of Privacy.”
The album was released through Atlantic Records, and features collaborations from significant artists including Migos, Chance The Rapper, J Balvin, Bad Bunny, Kehlani, 21 Savage, YG, and SZA.
The album features a variety of genres, from traditional hip hop styles to more upbeat, Latin feels. The album earns its name from the first verse of the song “Thru Your Phone” located toward the end of the album.
“Invasion of Privacy” broadcasts a variety of messages. “Get Up 10” is nearly autobiographical and emphasizes the importance of fortitude even in the worst situations.
“Bodak Yellow” is by far the most popular song on the album, as Cardi B released it previously as its own hit single. The song made Cardi B the second female rapper to ever have a release reach number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
My personal favorite song is absolutely “I Like It.” It particularly stands out in the album due to its possession of a sort of salsa and trap fusion feel, as envisioned by producer J. White. The song features J Balvin and Bad Bunny, who contribute a significant variety of English and Spanish verses to this unique creation.
What really pulls the album together is its ability to explore a series of different styles and still convey a few key messages.
The album as a whole proceeds with themes of increasing self-worth, boosting confidence, and lamenting how unreliable partners can be in a relationship.
Furthermore, the guest appearances help to switch up the feel of each song and keep the album intriguing.
Overall, “Invasion of Privacy” features a wide variety of auras, including tranquil, epic, upbeat, majestic, and intense. I thoroughly enjoyed this album and would gladly urge anyone to give it a listen.