Obsessed with “Obsessed”

I decided to bring my parents and grandparents to dinner at “Obsessed Kitchen and Bar” on Saturday, the fourteenth of October. Unfortunately, this was just one of those days where everything was flooding, so the drive from Elmhurst to Oak Park was a bit dangerous.
Upon arrival, my family and I were greeted with a small, yet cozy restaurant with big windows and an old style feel, though the restaurant has been open for less than a year.
We started out with an appetizer: the “crispy Brussel sprouts.” Even though I was previously not a fan of Brussel sprouts, my opinions changed after trying theirs; they were delicious! My family gobbled them up in no time at all.
Next, we ordered our main courses. I ordered the “Pappardelle Bolognese,” a pasta dish with Bolognese, a traditional meat sauce, with a twist: a poached egg on top.
Frankly, I was a little worried about the poached egg, but as I split the yolk, and tasted the dish, I realized it was a stroke of genius. The egg meshed perfectly with the Bolognese, to create a spectacular meal.
My mother ordered the Farro Bowl, a dish of rice-like grain with cheese, vegetables, basil pesto, and a poached egg.
To be honest, unless you are a fanatic of healthy eating, the “Farro Bowl” is not for you. My mom claimed that it did not completely fill her up, and it lacked the flavor needed to make the dish worthwhile.
In contrast, my father ordered “The O Burger.” It is their most popular item, and it did not disappoint!
“The O Burger” is a two patty burger packed with cheese and other condiments, as well as house-made truffle fries. In my opinion, the burger was the best of all of the meals that we ordered. The intimidating size mixed with the exotic tastes made it a must-have.
My grandmother ordered the sliders, which are actually labeled as an appetizer. However, four medium size, miniature “O Burgers” came out. As previously stated, the taste of their burgers was exceptional.
My grandfather ordered the “Chicken Milanese.” The fried chicken came out with steaming vegetables, as well as a delicious taste.
To finish the night, my family and I ordered the “Gluten-Free Bread Pudding.” Even though none of us are gluten-free, our waitress recommended it to us.
The dessert came out in a huge bowl. The toasted bread on top and the light, chocolatey bottom filled all of our stomachs with happiness. Honestly, it may have been the best dessert I have ever had at a restaurant.
All in all, the restaurant had a quaint, yet fresh feeling to it with great food and not too expensive prices. Although a little cramped, the restaurant is a great place to go with your family or friends.
I highly recommend the “O Burger,” the “Pappardelle Bolognese” and the “Gluten-Free Bread Pudding,” especially if you’re a foodie like me. Trust me, you will be obsessed with “Obsessed Kitchen and Bar!”